Saturday 8 March 2014

Wellness Mama’s Mini Challenge #3

Wellness Mama’s Mini Challenge #3
This week’s mini-challenge is to make a nutrition plan for the next 30 days! What are you going to focus on most? Are there certain foods you need to avoid, others that you'd like to add in? Just having a meal plan can make a big difference in sticking to health changes!
To help you get started, this post has some suggestions on which foods are most important to avoid and what to replace them with. I've also attached a week of meal plans with a corresponding shopping list if you want to be able to just print and go! (All of the recipes are simple and fast too!)
What to focus on? Hmm... I find that awareness is important for us. We get stuck in our patterns and cook the ol’ faithful recipes without a second thought. This month I am going to focus on being mindful of each ingredient and ask myself ‘is there a better substitute for this?’. Reading labels is important. Gluten seems to be in everything.
I easily lean to a vegetarian diet. This has been tough with the ‘no grains’ commitment made on day 1. But there are so many grain like recipes that can be made with coconut or almond flour. Almond flour pancakes are on our menu for this week. But what about rice? Can we eat rice when we are grain free? My guess is no but I am going to look into that.
Here is what Wellness Mama has to say. I guess it is no rice for us!
Important Note: Even a little exposure to grains every couple weeks can keep the intestines damaged, so to see improvements, you will have to completely cut grains like wheat, barley, oats, rice, rye, millet, corn etc and it also helps to limit beans and legumes
This month I will focus on my vegetarian roots without failing in the 30 day challenge. A small serving of meat with a boat load of veggies sounds great to me!
How is everyone else doing? Is there anyone following this with me?
Until next week…
Xx Dr. Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment