Saturday 8 March 2014

Our Wellness Journey

I consider our family to be pretty healthy. Besides Mick’s chocolate (which has decreased tremendously over the last 6 months) and my wine (also decreased), we don’t have much synthetic, processed, packaged food in our cupboards or the fridge. I would say we are 60% to where I would like us to be health wise. Organic veggies and minimal milk is purchased, but we still get our meat products from the big chain grocery stores. I have been off coffee for 2 months. Some non-toxic products are used to clean the house, but there are still a few old faithful killers haven’t done away with yet. My make up (with the exception of my mascara) has been changed to a mineral based product. 80% of our skin care products are all paraben and bph free. And deodorant is aluminum free. I am still sweating, but not stinky! The family is regularly adjusted and under the care of some exceptional wellness professionals. Not bad! We fall short on oral care, with our super-duper teeth whitening tooth paste and eating out. We LOVE our wings and nachos!
Our goal this year is to raise our wellness. We don’t have to be perfect. I don’t want to be perfect. I do want to be healthy. Calgary and area has some great resources and business that want the same for us! It is my goal to find them and share them with you!
Wellness Mama is a blog I have been following for a while now. www.wellnessmama.com. Katie is a mom based out of the states that has a wellness philosophy that I resonate with. She has created a 2013 wellness challenge that the family and I will embark on. For those of you who would also like to raise the level of your family’s health, join in!
I’ll be posting her mini challenges on my facebook page and pulling in my contacts to let you know where we can find all these life-changing foods and products here in Calgary.

No comments:

Post a Comment